K. L. Belvin

My photo

If you need a mentor, consultant, or literary service provider reach out and let's set up a day to talk to get things started. 

Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Angels the Lord has sent to walk with me.

Many folks have made connections on FB and some of these connections were started on other sites (Yahoo, MSN, AOL etc.).

When I think about it the Lord sent me a few angels when I was in the midst of loving my sinful behavior. If you read my book "From Gigolo to Jesus" I was a hypersexed whore who was out of control. Many didn't know me as such,,, The Freak and The Gentleman was how many came to know me (BTW it's also a poem from my first book "A Man in Transition"). How smooth I was around the ladies. How nice I acted when in every hotel I entered I was there for sexual conquest. FatsX was who I was known as in those days and on those sites.  I have it tattooed on my left arm. Fats was my nickname and the captial X was a tribute to Malcolm X. I was known for being a smooth player connected to everything sexual.
Well over 13 years ago the Lord sent me two angels,  Kizzi Hogan and Ayani Meli both become my friends on Yahoo 360, but not for any of the reasons women joined my pages in those days. They were women of God who the Lord sent to walk close enough for me to hear and see them, but far enough not to get caught up in the sinful behaviors I was a part of. They were allowing the Lord to use them and in turn was helping save my life and I didn't even know it. The Word speaks to this... 

Galatians 6
New International Version (NIV)
Doing Good to All
6 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

Of course, when I found my way through the darkness, who is standing there welcoming me to the family. Now, don't get me wrong I have others on my page who were there in what I call the dark times. People who partied with me who have come to find the Lord in their own time and way. There are those who still party, but root me on because by seeing me they know there is hope for them. But these two came and wanted nothing but friendship and wanted me to have a friendship with the Lord. When I think about it it causes me tears to know the Lord cared so much to even do such a thing. So many others are no longer here because of their behaviors. 

A special shout out goes to Kizzi, https://www.facebook.com/groups/CWOW7/
I remembered when she shared her testimony with me one day on Yahoo 360. I had started to make my way out of the murky waters and she felt it was time I learned how she came to know the Lord. I was blown away when I listened to her testimony during her dark times. It caused me to lean on her and trust her when it came to matters of a spiritual nature. I was growing to learn the Lord through my interactions with her. To this day we have never met since she lives in Texas with her husband, Dan and family. Yet we have bonded in such a way it's as if we have know each other for years... In actuality we have. 


In 2012, I had the pleasure of meeting Ayani (http://www.ayani-meli.info)
when she invited Tiff and me to take part of a Chirstian event in North Carolina. Through her, I was able to meet other Christians who I was able to network with and build a stronger connection to the Father. I was firm on my feet in knowing the Lord and it came through in how people reacted to me. It's one thing to talk and read what folks put on line. Its another to trust your spirit to allow them to come and do business with you and you've never met. Again the Holy Spirit was at work. 





Earlier this year, I had the honor to offer something back to these two women and eleven others who wrote poetry. I invited them to take part in the poetry book "Word Play 2: The Foundation of Soul" a poetic anthology designed to highlight all the meanings of the world Soul. When Kizzi and Ayani said yes, I was elated since it was my way of saying "Thank You Father for sending me these two when you knew I needed them before I did". It was also my way of sharing these women and the others in the book with those who might have needed angels of their own. All thirteen members of this book reached inside themselves to create outstanding poems, with no curse words or themes which would be opposite what I believe in. 


So, you see, nothing happens on social sites which are beyond God's reach. Yes there are plenty of filthy things being written, viewed and listened to daily, however the Lord is just under the surface allowing those who Love him to operate. It's the Covering many of us in the Kingdom speak on. I would say this, if you don't know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, think about making that move. Making that move saved my life and the Lord paved a way for me simply by listening to Him through my unhappiness. Why continue to do things your way when you can do it the Lord's way and reap the benefits? If you want to come to know the Lord please just send me an inbox and I'll help you find your way. I have been there for others and I'll be there for you. Why? Because someone stood there next to me and offered their hand to connect me to the Lord and He loved having me come home. The Lord will feel the same about you.  Read for yourself:

Luke 15:3-7
New International Version (NIV)
3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent

If you didn't know my books "A Man In Transition" and "From Gigolo to Jesus"  were written to show my transformation. One is in poetry form and other is the actual account of how I went from man whore to loving husband and man of God. "Word Play 2" is an outstanding book which features Kizzi and Ayani, but there are a few others in the book who know the Lord and whose words come through on each page. It is an outstanding book because I chose the people wisely. But the glory of my transformation and all that is connected to it, goes to the Lord. None of this would have ever happened without strong women around me and Kizzi and Ayani are two of those women the Lord placed in my life to listen to and to guide me.

I pray this helps others who are lost. I'll write about the brothers who held the door open for me to come home next. Either way, don't over look social networks, God doesn't. If you listen you'll hear him on the voices and in the words of others. All he wants is for you to come home and be at peace with yourself. I know it has for me. 

God Bless







No comments: