K. L. Belvin

My photo

If you need a mentor, consultant, or literary service provider reach out and let's set up a day to talk to get things started. 

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Dealing with Temptation, There is a way out from under.



When facing temptation remember this scripture to guide you out from under what is tempting you.
There are many versions of the Bible but I like the King James wording on this matter. (Plus its one of my Grandmother's favorite. She would drum this into my head to get me to see there is always a way out from the things which tempt you)

1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV)
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

So no matter how tough the pressure seems with whatever your fighting with, take a moment and look at everything going on. The way out from under the weight of the temptation is there. Now here is the tough part, the way out may require you to do or say something which might seem very difficult to deal with or may hurt someone's feelings. Nonetheless if that is the way the Lord wants you to go to free yourself "count the cost", It's either lose your soul to something not of God or do what your told and gain a closer position to where the Lord wants you to be. The Lord never said it would be easy. Actually, Jesus said we have to pick up our crosses to follow him. To carry that weight alone is never easy. Remember being faithful to the Lord pays off in the end.

If none of this makes sense, search out that Christian buddy you're friends with, or the ones who are in your family, discuss this to gain a better understanding. If they are walking their walk the right way they should be able to assist you in your understanding. If not you can hit my inbox with any questions you have.

The Lord wants us to use the Bible as an active tool to guide us toward His truth and to be used as the Light to lead the way in many a dark moment. If you give it chance to do so the Bible will speak to your soul. Its up to you to believe the Bible's validity.
For me I believe and will do the best I can to carry the Light for others. I fight with my own temptations and I use this practice to help myself. I pray this helps someone as it has helped me.
God Bless.

No comments: