Keith "K. L." Belvin

My photo

If you need a mentor, consultant, or literary service provider reach out and let's set up a day to talk to get things started. 

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hearing the Lord while Fasting.


Saturday, I started a 40 day "fast" recommended by a good friend and fellow Christian Kizzi Hogan. Now I know when Christian's fast it's to give them a chance to lean on the Lord when dealing with whatever they have given up as well as strengthening their spiritual being. For me I gave up red meats, sweets, bread, carbonated drinks and fried foods. Kizzi and others who agreed are giving up the same, expect no meat at all. Under Dr. orders I had to keep poultry and fish on as meat for the proteins needed. I had decided that during the 40 days to help me take my mind off anything I might be craving I was going to ask the Lord for clarity on a few things. I have been feeling a stirring in my spirit concerning my writing, my job and moving from New York. I know the Lord works in his time and will answer what he chooses but I have learned when you make moves towards him, He makes moves toward you as it is written:

James 4:8 (NIV)
8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded

He will also grant you clarity in matters which will help you serve him better as a Christian. Today in church I went seeking certain answers as I mentioned, however, as the pastor began to speak I felt the need to write. So I wrote everything that came to mind as the pastor delivered his message. The scripture the pastor was preaching on was:

James 1:19-27
New International Version (NIV)
Listening and Doing
19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

So my pen was working and the pastors message on looking in the mirror and being honest with yourself rang true to what I was feeling. The Lord was placing another message in my heart to share with others as well as for me to meditate on when reflecting on the day and things I carried with me into church today. 

Here were my thoughts. I am not sure who it's for besides myself. I pray this helps someone reading:

Living by the Laws of God (The Ten Commandments) will free us from sin and grant us tremendous spiritual wealth from the Lord when we get to Heaven. This is compared to the physical and emotional stimulation which we perceive as wealth here on earth. The Father has given us examples of the fruits of the spirit needed to keep us lined up to receive the spiritual treasures offered to everyone who is willing to expect Jesus as their savior. 

Galatians 5:22-23
New International Version (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

God knew we couldn't get to Heaven alone, so he sent Jesus to be the model of what we need to be for us to make it to Heaven. The Lord also sent the Holy Spirit to guide us to God himself and the treasure he is offering. This is why when we allow our Holy Spirit to guide us great things happen or we are protected from things, sometimes ourselves. 

God's laws (The 10 Commandments) leads us to push past the physical  and emotional rewards on Earth. If we can hold on to the spiritual force of God (Faith) we can overcome anything placed in our way. God gave his children laws to follow the same as any parent would for their own children. God wants to see us grow to be successful in life and to come and spend eternity wanting for nothing, while having everything you could dream of. 

This word may seem rudimental to many who are in the Kingdom but we have to understand as brothers and sisters we have to hold each other up when needed. As well as helping those who don't understand what God is asking for if they are to be granted salvation from their sin. My fasting is to open my Holy Spirit up for direct information from the Father. I know The Lord wants me in Heaven with him  and Jesus. I am going to do what I can to make sure my name is in the Book of Life when my time comes.

I pray this helps someone reading. Please share with other, just make sure my name is added to it as you pass it on. 

Take Care and God Bless. 

K. L. Belvin

No comments:

Road Trips are different in this country. We have to be smart.

In this country, we have to be more careful with the times. Things are hyper racial and when on these roads we must understand the problems...