Keith "K. L." Belvin

My photo

If you need a mentor, consultant, or literary service provider reach out and let's set up a day to talk to get things started. 

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Is there anything better than being a Father?


Many folks who have read my book "From Gigolo to Jesus" have come to learn about my past life before I came to the point of personal and spiritual transformation. I was a different man and father before learning what role my faith needed to play in my life, I created children without thinking of the future. Since that time my mindset has changed, hence my thoughts and actions are different. Having my daughter, Kayelle (pronounced K. L., like her father) has made me consider what it is to be a daddy to a little girl. It's a position unfortunately I've failed at in the pass.

Watching Kayelle each day, playing with her,  I am reminded of what my job as her father is. I am charged, and I accepted wholeheartedly, with being the example of what a man and father is supposed to be. At 10 months I see how she responds to me, as well as, how our relationship is growing each day. I read pediatric information often so I can understand what benchmarks Kayelle is supposed to  reach and what my role should be to make sure she reaches each of those steps. I see how my voice effects her and how she is learning to trust and depend on her daddy to be a guide, teacher, and protector.

When I watch Tiffany and Kayelle together I clearly understand her bonding with Tiff is different then mine. I am the disciplinarian, but also the comforter. Kayelle looks at me differently than Tiffany. But you can tell her looks are filled with Love. When she is looking you can tell she is departmentalizing who each of us is and what each of us bring to her life. Her smile and laughter is infectious and she is maturing at a fantastic rate. One thing which is clear, Tiff is a softy for her tears. I'm a little older so the tears and pouting doesn't effect me as much. Kayelle is such a ham you can see that in here even this early in her life. LOL I am so excited about her upcoming years. Each of my current moves are with the idea of how I can make things better for her and Tiffany.

I pray all the fathers our there take their role as Daddy serious because if you don't there is so much missed. I am going to continue to be the example for Kayelle so as she grows. Working hard to make sure she'll look for in others what she is use to having in her life. I am going to make sure she'll search and create incredible healthy relationship like what she'll has with her Daddy.

I pray this helps someone. I pray someone who has missed the above with their daughter, goes back and looks to repair the relationship. It's never to later. For Princess Kayelle I am going to keep at the job of being the Steward the Lord has assigned me to be.

God Bless

K. L. Belvin aka Kayelle's Daddy


No comments:

When They See You Do They See God? πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Decided to jump on FB Live to have the conversation of how we carry ourselves as Christian. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎ The scriptural reference I us...